Preliminary advice re new COVID-19 restrictions – on the basis of the 2pm press conference.
Public Health Order yet to be published.
If anything changes from what is set out below we will let you know.
Perhaps you heard the Premier’s press conference at 2pm and the news that greater Sydney is now in lockdown until Friday 9 July.
This time however, there are changes to regional NSW restrictions to which we need to draw to your attention.
As of 6pm tonight 26/6/2021 regional NSW is on the same restrictions which most of Sydney have been on for the last few days, namely:
- Mask wearing compulsory inside. This means you will need to turn away any one without a mask or who is not prepared to wear one tonight (after 6pm) or tomorrow
- No singing by the congregation is permitted for any service after 6pm tonight. Up to 5 may sing out the front, distanced from congregation members
- 1 person per 2m2 to becomes 1 person per 4m2 indoors for calculating how many you can accommodate in a church building.
- And in contrast to our last update, anyone who has been to ANYWHERE in Sydney since Monday 21st June must stay at home for two weeks and so cannot be admitted to church.
- Compulsory use of QR code to register attendance as previously reminded
- Hospitality – I will leave this to your discretion, but it may be best practice NOT to offer hospitality after church services this weekend.
- Funeral services will be limited to 1 person per 4m2 indoors with a cap of 100 people and masks must be worn indoors.